Why plant ryegrass?
- Improves winter availability of high quality forage.
- Allows high stocking rates to be maintained with good individual performance.
- Excellent for direct or broadcast sowing, even in situations with abundant stubble.
- Longer production cycle than oats.
- Greater resistance to aphids and rusts.
- High nitrogen use efficiency (more grass/kg N applied).
- Wide range of sowing dates: from March to June.
- Tolerant to frost and low temperatures.
- Produces forage when other species stop growing.
Recommendations for use
Ryegrass Tetraploid Conquistador
Very good response to aerial sowing on maize or soybean crops in late summer.
Early sowing is recommended as pure greening with 20 to 25 kg. per ha of seed. It combines very well with Chilean red clover using 10 kg. of ryegrass and 6 kg. of red clover.