Exceptional material selected for its high initial growth of semi-erect growth with wide, intense green leaves, slightly higher tillering than Tama, high tolerance to leaf rust and very high regrowth speed, earlier flowering cycle than Tama (7 days). It is adapted to medium to high fertility soils. It has good cold tolerance and is higher yielding than Tama and outperforms other materials on the market. Yields were measured from 5000 to 10000 kg DM in 5 cuts depending on the year and zones.
Why plant ryegrass?
- Improves winter availability of high quality forage.
- Allows high stocking rates to be maintained with good individual performance.
- Excellent for direct or broadcast sowing, even in situations with abundant stubble.
- Longer production cycle than oats.
- Greater resistance to aphids and rusts.
- High nitrogen use efficiency (more grass/kg N applied).
- Wide range of sowing dates: from March to June.
- Tolerant to frost and low temperatures.
- Produces forage when other species stop growing.
In the table below you will find descriptions of many of our main products. For a complete list Please Contact us.
Recommendations for use
Ryegrass Tetraploid Conquistador
Very good response to aerial sowing on maize or soybean crops in late summer.
Early sowing is recommended as pure greening with 20 to 25 kg. per ha of seed. It combines very well with Chilean red clover using 10 kg. of ryegrass and 6 kg. of red clover.